On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 5:27 AM, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  But, saying thanks to Wendy's employer might cross the line. One of
>  our precepts is that ASF projects are "composed of individuals, and so
>  we give the credit to individuals. The farthest we might be able to go
>  is to say "Wendy of BigCo, Inc.", if that's how Wendy wanted to be
>  described.

Unless, of course, most or all of the feature was developed outside of
the project, and then donated in bulk, under a CCLA (as James
implied).  Of course, in that case, we'd then have to pass the
contribution through the incubator, to vet the IP.

Of course, we'd have to reserve the right to reject the contribution
if the code was not up to our standards. (In fact, back in the day,
the first contribution by an paid IBM engineer to Apache HTTPD was
rejected!).