We'll always rely on external libraries--and as has been mentioned,
our core competency isn't DI frameworks, nor should it be.

I'm not sure an XML config layer would be that difficult to build, but
even if it is, wouldn't it be preferable to use a substantially
more-mature DI implementation, which more support of more
functionality than the old, half-baked and hacked one we're using now?

Dave

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org> wrote:
> 2012/11/28 Dave Newton <davelnew...@gmail.com>:
>> IMO I'd rather see the internal mechanism be able to evolve and make use of
>> vetted improvements instead of remaining in the land of Guice of 5+ years
>> ago. Newer Guice has more capabilities.
>
> I thought (and still do) a lot about that and I'm not convinced to
> replace pre-Guice with Guice - the current version of Guice misses
> alot of features (eg. no support for xml based configuration). Other
> issue is that the S3 will depend on external library- if there will be
> a bug / feature request we will have to wait for some externals to
> solve that (see Ognl and Javassist).
>

> Regards
> --
> Ɓukasz