Konstantin,

you make a valid point that JSR 330 by itself is no solution to our
problems with internal injection. As I tried to explain in another post
to this thread, we have to differentiate between internal injection and
injection abstraction towards user side.

As for how to evolve internal injection, integrating Guice would be the
option to go. Your points about the limits of class bound annotations
are valid, and that is why we have to decide for a concrete DI
implementation rather than a standard (though it is nice if it
introduces a standard on it's back). This is why Guice would make sense,
since it would support our mechanism of offering configuration options
apart from classes, via property injection and binding configuration
done in struts.xml, so without the need for DI framework specific
configuration files besides our own config.

- René

Am 28.11.12 09:01, schrieb Konstantin Priblouda:
> Hi guys,
>
> JSR 330 is cool and shall be definitely supported  -   but you still need
> fallback metadata mechanism.
> Drawback of annotatioj is that it is class bound,   and thus you can not
> have two of something without
> subclassing.  Neither can you  reconfigure classes coming as jar dependency.
>
> Just EUR 0.02  from picocontainer developer.
>
> regadrs,
>
> ----[ Konstantin Pribluda http://www.pribluda.de ]----------------
> JTec quality components: http://www.pribluda.de/projects/

René Gielen