On 11.02.2021 01:51, Private List Moderation wrote:
On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 at 22:26, Erik Huelsmann <ehu...@gmail.com <mailto:ehu...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    How can a link be more important than an announcement for a fix of an
    *unauthenticated* remote DoS ?

When I checked the download page, there were no links for versions 1.10.7 or 1.14.1. i.e. the 2 announce mails were telling people to download versions that were not on the download page.

As such, I felt I had to reject the announce email.

You know very well that the proper escalation path is to notify dev@, in a separate mail, about the omission. Just like any other bug report.

As Stefan already said, the purpose of moderation is to prevent spam, not to meddle in the PMC's business. And certainly not to anonymously enforce your conception of policy, without discussion. Blocking the announcement of a remote-DOS fix on a trivial technicality is way outside a moderator's writ.

-- Brane