    <mailto:mod-priv...@gsuite.cloud.apache.org>> wrote:
    > > When I checked the download page, there were no links for
    versions 1.10.7
    > > or 1.14.1.
    > > i.e. the 2 announce mails were telling people to download
    versions that
    > > were not on the download page.
    > >
    > > As such, I felt I had to reject the announce email.
    > >
    > > It looks as though the page has since been updated.
    > >

    > That was a race condition.

    Worse, it's a chicken-and-egg problem which is documented here:

http://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/releasing.html#releasing-release

<http://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/releasing.html#releasing-release>
    """
    NOTE: We announce the release before updating the website since the
    website update links to the release announcement sent to the announce@
    mailing list.
    """

Which is worse for the end user?
- a broken link to the release announcement
- a missing link to the download artifact referenced by the official announcement

You forgot:
- a missing release announcement.

I'm pretty sure users are capable of telling us about missing links, but not about missing announcements.

-- Brane