On Thu, Feb 11, 2021, 14:36 Private List Moderation <
mod-priv...@gsuite.cloud.apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 at 12:15, Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 11.02.2021 12:23, Stefan Sperling wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 11:02:32AM +0000, Private List Moderation wrote:
>>
>> Irrelevant.
>>
>> Given that this discussion doesn't seem to be going anywhere and the
>> same arguments from May 2020 are just being rehashed, I guess we will
>> simply stop using the announce@ mailing list.
>>

>> I agree. This nitpicking bureaucratic mission creep has gone way over the
>> top. We have our own announce@svn.a.o list anyway; I expect anyone who's
>> really interested is subscribed to that.
>>
>> I find it kind of ironically funny that the same moderator(s) who feel
>> they're empowered to enforce release policy don't feel that the normal
>> escalation path (i.e., bug report to dev@) is worth taking.
>>

> There was a problem with the download page at the time it was checked.

What does a problem with the download page have to do with spam prevention?
Why does that problem make this spam?

Please try to see it from the moderator's point of view.

I can only look at it from my what I perceive to be the responsibility of a
moderator. And I am looking at it from that perspective.

Erik