On 27 Jan 2022, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
Hang on. Why do you assume that if someone has big files, then they're necessarily all out in a one directory and all the accompanying texty (or otherwise diffable) files are all in another directory? Sure, that's exactly kfogel's use-case (described upthread), but it's not the
only way to structure a repository.

FYI, that's not our company's use case.

In fact, we have large non-diffable files spread all over in many directories, and we have small-texty-diffable files also spread out over many directories, and both kinds of file often co-exist within the same directory.

Just correcting the record -- I don't think this one particular use case is necessarily definitive for the feature or anything. I just wanted to make sure that you have accurate information.

Best regards,
-Karl