Julian Foad <julianf...@apache.org> writes:

> SEMANTICS
>
> The user can choose one mode, per WC, from a list of options that may
> include:
>
>   - off: as in previous versions, no checking, just assume all pristines
> are present
>   - pristines-on-demand: fetch "wanted" pristines; discard others
>   - fetch-only: fetch any pristine that's absent; do not discard

My two cents on this would be that it might be easier to start with an on/off
property that gets stored when a working copy is created and doesn't change
afterwards, at least for now.

> Help please: Where should we properly store this setting in the WC?
>
> - in '.svn/entries' or '.svn/format'?
>   (Both currently contain a single line saying "12". We could add an
> extra line, or in general N extra lines each with one setting, for example.)
> - in a new file such as '.svn/pristines-on-demand'?
> - in the wc.db somewhere?

Thinking out loud, this sounds like a property associated with a specific
wc_id in the database.  I would say that this pretty much rules out options
of storing it outside the wc.db.

Thanks,
Evgeny Kotkov