On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 10:03 AM Mark Phippard <markp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This all mostly works. Exception is Python. It sounds like I need to
> take steps to regenerate the Python bindings for Python 2. The
> question is how. So far I have been told I need to re-run autogen.sh.
> I did so. I then ran ./configure --with-swig=/home/svnrm/prefix so
> that it picks up the Swig 3.0.12 from the clean room. This all seems
> to work. Maybe there is some other step I do not know to make Swig
> actually regen the bindings?

Presumably the relevant part of my configure output:

checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking for JDK... /usr/lib/jvm/default-java/include/jni.h
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for ruby... /usr/bin/ruby
checking rb_hash_foreach... yes
checking for rdoc... /usr/bin/rdoc
checking for Ruby major version... 2
checking for Ruby minor version... 5
checking for Ruby teeny version... 5
checking swig version... 3.0.12
configure: Configuring python swig binding
checking for Python includes... -I/usr/include/python2.7
checking Python.h usability... yes
checking Python.h presence... yes
checking for Python.h... yes
configure: py3c library configuration via pkg-config
configure: py3c library configuration without pkg-config
checking py3c.h usability... yes
checking py3c.h presence... yes
checking for py3c.h... yes
checking for compiling Python extensions... aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -fPIC
checking for linking Python extensions... aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc
-pthread -shared -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro
-fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g
-fdebug-prefix-map=/build/python2.7-QCkEc0/python2.7-2.7.16=.
-fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security
checking for linking Python libraries... -Wl,-O1
-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro
checking for Python >= 3... no

So maybe there is a step where I need to run swig or something to
regenerate the bindings? I have never done this before so I assume
that make-swig-py does it.

It was unclear what running autogen.sh accomplishes or whether there
was a parameter I was supposed to pass to that. It seemed to work OK
though.

Mark