On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 2:01 PM Mark Phippard <markp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 1:47 PM Daniel Sahlberg
> <daniel.l.sahlb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Den tis 22 mars 2022 kl 18:09 skrev Mark Phippard <markp...@gmail.com>:
> >>
> >> Using 1.14.1, I have confirmed I can build and run the tests for all
> >> bindings. Only thing left is the DAV tests and figuring out how to
> >> setup for that.
> >

> > Have you seen the davautocheck target in the Makefile? I don't know if this
> > is suitable for RMing, but I have the following in my personal HACKING
> > notes:
> >
> > make -j8 davautocheck APACHE_MPM=event
> > TESTS=subversion/tests/cmdline/authz_tests.py#5 PARALLEL=8
>
> No, I had forgotten about that and HACKING for the RM scenario does
> not mention it.  That said, it did not work for me:
>
> $ make davautocheck APACHE_MPM=event PARALLEL=4
> davautocheck.sh: Using '/usr/bin/apxs2'...
> davautocheck.sh: Using '/usr/bin/htpasswd'...
> davautocheck.sh: Monolithic Auth module not found. Assuming we run
> against Apache 2.1+
> davautocheck.sh: Found modules for Apache 2.3.0+
> Stopping previous HTTPD instance...httpd (no pid file) not running
> davautocheck.sh: Using directory
> '/opt/subversion-1.14.1/subversion/tests/cmdline/httpd-20220322-175940'...
> davautocheck.sh: Adding users for lock authentication
> Adding password for user jrandom
> Adding password for user jconstant
> Adding password for user __dumpster__
> Adding password for user JRANDOM
> Adding password for user JCONSTANT
> davautocheck.sh: Adding groups for mod_authz_svn tests
> Syntax OK
> davautocheck.sh: HTTPD 2.4.38 started and listening on
> 'http://localhost:3691'...
> davautocheck.sh: HTTPD is good
> davautocheck.sh: starting the tests...
> davautocheck.sh: Using default dav library
> davautocheck.sh: Subversion client couldn't find and/or load ra_dav library
> HTTPD stopped.
> make: *** [Makefile:643: davautocheck] Error 1

I had not noticed this before:

configure: serf library configuration via pkg-config
checking was serf enabled... no
An appropriate version of serf could not be found, so libsvn_ra_serf
will not be built.  If you want to build libsvn_ra_serf, please
install serf 1.3.4 or newer.

This is even though I have the Serf library and dev packages both
installed. I also tried --with-serf and --with-serf=serf and that did
not work either.

It is amazing anyone is still able to use this software. Thanks to the
handful of people that provide binaries.

Mark