Evgeny Kotkov <evgeny.kot...@visualsvn.com> writes:

> While working on the patch, I have stumbled across a couple of issues:
>
> A) `svn upgrade` without arguments fails for a working copy with latest format
>
>   $ svn checkout --compatible-version=1.15 wc
>   $ svn upgrade wc
>   $ svn: E155021: Working copy '…' is already at version 1.15 (format 32)
>     and cannot be downgraded to version 1.8 (format 31)

While the work on pristine checksum kinds is blocked by a veto, I took a
look at other things we'd probably want to handle before the release.

I think that the above case qualifies as such, so I made a related improvement
by introducing a new config option and also fixed the described error:

- r1907964 introduces a new `compatible-version` config setting, to allow
  configuring the desired default wc compatibility level globally.

- r1907965 fixes an error when `svn upgrade` is called without any arguments
  for a working copy of the newer format.

Thanks,
Evgeny Kotkov