Hello Francesco, Andrea, devs,

Thanks for the support and enthusiasm. I am an apache committer for
James project (my id is ieugen) so, naturally, I like to contribute to
other projects as well.

As I've said on the user list, I would like to donate the code to
Syncope project. The package is usable but there are still things to
improve. Some of them can be done only with code changes.

Francesco, let me know what we should do to submit the code upstream. I
have created a JIRA to track this [1].

The most notable changes that I would like to see is more 'production'
friendliness. The ability to replace the current application with a new
one easily and the ability to change configuration parameters without
rebuilding the application.

This boils down to separating the application in: configuration,
binaries (jars) and application data (logs, data, database). You should
be able to supply the path to the main configuration file via system
property and all other configuration files should be referenced from
this one.

You should also have the ability to add files to the class-path without
re-building the application if it has modules (like the connectors). So

These are some thoughts I have, you probably know if all of them make
sense.

I would like to contribute some of these changes myself albeit I have
the time (or I am payed to do so and then I make time ;) ).

Regards,

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-535