Hi Colm,
first of all, thanks for spending time for careful examination of 2.0.0-M2 from a kind of "external" point of view, and for opening issues accordingly.

A few other random thoughts:

a) I filed a bug (SYNCOPE-805) for when the user doesn't specify a
destination realm for a pull task. However, I wonder if it would it be
possible for the user to select the destination realm from a drop-down list?

Sounds good: can you suggest this as alternative fix for SYNCOPE-805?

b) When running Syncope via a Maven archetype + mvn -Pembedded (using the
core main, not test, configuration) I don't see anything relating to
"Extensions" in the UI. I see it when I download the standalone
distribution though. Perhaps the default configuration for the archetype
needs to be updated to reference Camel etc?

The idea is to not enable extensions (nor Camel nor Swagger UI, which are the extensions currently available) by default; maybe an idea is to add a further "all" profile - similarly to what we do with fit/core-reference so that one can run

* mvn -Pembedded to get the environment without extensions
* mvn -Pembedded,all to get the environment with extensions

WDYT?

c) I noticed here (https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/syncope/2.0.0-M2/)
that half of the artifacts start with "apache-syncope" and the other half
with "syncope". Any reason why they are not all starting with
"apache-syncope" for consistency?

Essentially, .deb packages have the "apache-syncope" prefix rather than "syncope" - as all other artifacts, which take the name off of Maven modules, do instead.

We might want to change the .deb packages prefix to "syncope" (and generated directories as /etc/apache-syncope, /var/log/apache-syncope etc) for consistency; anyway, this is following the practice we have since 1.2.0.

Regards.

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 3:56 PM, Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>