Another possibility would be to create a new JIRA issue for each release
(candidate) and track what had been tested there. If we do that, then we could
include just the generic instructions in a markdown file in our repo.

--

Mike Dusenberry
GitHub: github.com/dusenberrymw

Sent from my iPhone.

> On May 24, 2016, at 9:14 PM, Deron Eriksson <deroneriks...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Personally, I would like if we can go to a single page and see the current
> validation status as a checklist (that can be updated by any contributors).
> In the examples I sent, in a couple seconds I can see that 1) no one has
> run the test suite on the src package, 2) performance suite hasn't been run
> on hadoop, 3) no one has reported testing the release in a notebook, etc.
> If the status of the various things that need to be validated is only
> handled on the mail list, then we lose the quick visual status. I think I
> would prefer it on a GitHub project wiki or Apache Confluence wiki to that
> it is easy to edit.
>
> I'm concerned that if we start doing PR's, we are potentially introducing
> too much process into something that can be simple. I want to go to a
> single place and see what has been checked and what is still remaining to
> be checked, and I want it to be as quick and easy as possible for people to
> update it.
>
> Deron
>

> On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 8:20 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 5:16 PM, Deron Eriksson <deroneriks...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The release candidate validation checklist needs to be easy to modify by
>>> SystemML committers/contributors. As a result, it should probably take a
>>> 'Wiki' form. This raises the question of where it should go? Seems like
>> the
>>> options are:
>>>
>>> 1) md file in the project itself (not a wiki, not easy to modify)
>>> 2) GitHub project wiki