On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com> wrote:

I modified the fiddle to loop 100 times; this will partially account for
> cachine, and MV optimizations.  By the last round:
>
> idLookup: 2ms
> dataLookup: 15ms
>
> Still, tiny amounts of time.

I would definitely prefer the attribute driver approach even in case of a
need of a complete scan on each page or section.

Said that I would ask if that time would increase with and increase in the
complexity of the page? How many "fiddle" elements (maybe compared to id
elements) could have a page like GMail ?

One more think to note is: since more and more communities are going
towards a "data-" like approach I think that that sentiment could drive the
future developments of javascript frameworks and javascript engines.

Cheers
--
Massimo