Hi Dmitry,

I'm not a member of Tapestry team but here is my view as Apache committer.

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Dmitry Gusev <dmitry.gu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Still my question remains:
>
> What do you expect from a person when you invite him as a committer to
> Tapestry project?

Nothing. We just hope that (s)he will continue to help the best way (s)he
can.
A person gains the committer status for what (s)he has done before for the
project. Not for promising that (s)he will do something in the future.
This could be: helping other users, providing patches, writing docs/books,

Apache is volunteer based organization so you cannot expect anything from
anyone.
By inviting a new member the team hope that (s)he will be still active and
will help further with the development.
But the new member can change her/his job soon after joining and then stop
using the technology, so (s)he will not have
a reason to do new development but still can help in the forums and in
taking decisions about the future.