About Geb,

I still have aggravations using Geb, but it is significantly better than
Selenium.

The page and module system is terrific for creating DRY and maintainable
tests.

The wait system addresses your concern; essentially, Geb runs a retry loop
until a condition is met, and fails if the condition is not met within a
specific limit.  You still have to understand your markup.

You may have noticed that I've done things like putting a marker attribute
on the <body> to indicate when page initialization is complete (from
Tapestry's perspective).

Geb is a powerful tool that requires some level of adeptness to use
properly. I know, because I started using it improperly, at least
initially, and had to rewrite an entire test suite to get it right.

By comparison, tapestry-test is an ugly hack that's years out of date, and
lives on because we have inertia in the form of hundreds of tests.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210