On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 12:01:29 -0200, Michael Wyraz <michael.wy...@evermind.de> wrote:

Hi,

Hi!

today I started working with the new require.js approach and modules
within T5.4. I have some question which I could not anwser using google
and the list archives.

1. How would one replace an internal library with a more recent version.
Example: embedded jQuery (which is 1.9 shall be replaces with 1.10).

I did the following which works - but I'm not sure if that is the right way:

         @Contribute(ModuleManager.class)
         public static void setupBaseModules(MappedConfiguration<String,
    Object> configuration,
    @Path("${tapestry.asset.root}/jquery-1.10/jquery.js")
                                             Resource jQuery)
         {
             configuration.override("jquery-library", new
    JavaScriptModuleConfiguration(jQuery));
         }

Looks very good to me.

2. How could I retrieve such "module" assets (especially loaded via
require.js) from an external source like a CDN?
This is at least possible with require.js:
https://github.com/requirejs/example-jquery-cdn
But how can I do it with a tapestry module?

It's done already and it should have been included in alpha 24. Check the new ModuleConfigurationCallback interface and JavaScriptSupport.addModuleConfigurationCallback() method. Basically, you can implement a callback that will receive a JSONObject containing the RequireJS configuration, so you can change it in any way you need, then return it.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br