On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 20:12:20 -0200, Michael Wyraz <michael.wy...@evermind.de> wrote:

IMO tapestry forms have too many restrictions (especially when form elements are dynamic added/removed). We developped many workarounds (e.g. manipulating t:formdata for adding/removing form elements) - but this is so annoying that I often thought about re-implementing the forms. For new client-side apps I see no reason to rely on tapestry's form implementation.

Agreed. On the other hand, we could think how we could reimplement them, maybe as a different set of components, so they could be used in more scenarios than today and work better in more dynamic scenarios. I'm having an start of an idea about t:formdata contents from serialized objects to a JSON object. I still have no idea if that's actually feasible, though.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br