I thought about Angular/Tapestry integration and I see one issue so far:

Is's integrating with Tapestry5 forms

Angular can update DOM on the client-side but you won't be able to submit
that form, to be more correct because tapestry won't be able to handle
submitted data (translate values, validate, etc.) because it doesn't know
about them -- they won't be in t:hidden field

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you will have to manually handle this data by
getting it from request parameters. So maybe we will need some alternative
to default form component here, maybe using some REST endpoints for
handling of POSTs, not sure.