Hi Geoff,

thanks for sharing your thoughts.

----- On Dec 30, 2015, at 3:04 AM, JumpStart
geoff.callender.jumpst...@gmail.com wrote:
> - Grid needs a context to properly participate in AJAX pages
>       https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2297
>       Please note that the issue has a link to a working solution.

I haven't had the chance to look into this issue. I'd appreciate a patch or
some code snippets that demonstrate the problem.

> - type="number" fails when decimal separator isn't "."
>       https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2409

I'll have another look at that one.

> - Form and BeanEditForm differ in JSR-303 detection
>       https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2255

That one's actually waiting for a comment from you, Geoff. ;-) Can you find a
simpler example that doesn't need Joda-Time?

> - Checkbox doesn't trigger VALIDATE event
>       https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2075

That one has a patch but no test. I really like tests. ;-)

> - Tree's standard use case needs to be documented
>       https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1921

Everyone's invited to help out with that one. There are some sources linked
that can provide some inspiration.

> For 5.5:
>
> I like your 5.5 list, and I like that it’s short and very quickly achievable,
> but I’d also like people to consider the following item. Without it, we’re
> holding back AJAX users or sending them off to client-side frameworks.
>
> - Client-side publish/subscribe mechanism
>       https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2416

I have outlined a solution on the issue. If we agree on a solution, we can
probably wrap it into an API.

Jochen