The NOTICE file (in the Apache Taverna distribution, not inside
taverna-beanshell-activity.jar ) is presumably a prominent label.

I'm not familiar enough with what Taverna will actually ship as binaries. Source confusion is the big issue though not the end.

In the Taverna distribution in any form there would not be a copy of the beanshell.org jar?

If not, will the end user be aware they need to assemble it to get he SPL code?

Note also beanshell.org says:
"""
The "cost" of this software is simply to let us know how you are using BeanShell.
"""

which is moral obligation even if not legal. Respect for their work means we ought to not hide that request.

I think we have several CDDL dependencies from Java XML and so, they are
also category-B. as long as they are JAR only then there is no "source
confusion".

Consider some one/some group wishing to take Taverna, modify it, add to it, combine it with other open source stuff and publish open source.

Are they clearly aware of the implications on them by the SPL? My opinion is that maven used to get a blank set of things, recursive dependences and all, then it is not a clear action in response to the cat-B. To emphais - that's my current opinion; maybe/hopefully another mentor has more experience here - this is the first time I've had to deal with the SPL.

Beanshell 2.0b4 (SPL/LGPL) we have only ever used it as a jar from Maven
central. You need to go to beanshell.org to find the source code manually.

        Andy

PS Good catch on

https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/beanshell/issues/detail?id=11