GitHub user dcelasun opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1156

    THRIFT-4011 Use slices for Thrift sets

    As discussed in
[THRIFT-4011](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-4011), this commit
changes the Go generator to use slices, instead of maps for Thrift sets.

    I've specifically didn't touch the Go library since there was no agreement
on panicking for duplicates. We have three options:

    1. Leave it as is and add documentation stating deduplication is the
caller's responsibility.
    2. Silently deduplicate before serialization.
    3. panic on duplicates.

    2 and 3 probably requires
[`reflect.DeepEqual`](https://golang.org/pkg/reflect/#DeepEqual), which is not
ideal.

    @Jens-G Thoughts?

    $ git pull https://github.com/dcelasun/thrift master

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1156.patch

    This closes #1156

----
commit 0e2e8c0b041300dafff641e19848a1e46df32bc6