Github user Alex-Vol commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1468

    I may have figured out the issue with AppVeyor. I was unable to
troubleshoot with RDP, AppVeyor has not run a build since 55 hours ago. But I
figured out that the configuration in CMakeLists.txt would result in a bad
directory configuration with an out of tree build and that may have been why
the builds stalled.

    I squashed the final changes and added much more in the README.md about the
new builds system. I also wired up the PACKAGE_VERSION in Automake to allow a
single location to manage the version. I think the same can be done easily for
the rest of the Java/Ant based projects and eliminate the multiple files that
need editing for release of the final bits. This is deserving an issue on its
own though, I do not want to conflate this with any more features.

---