On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 1:20 AM Jiayu Liu <ji...@hey.com.invalid> wrote:

> Regarding point 2 - the lib/kotlin has its own cross tests which tests
> kotlin generator code, the lib/java has all along had its own cross
> tests, which currently live in lib/java/src/crossTests. These two are
> not related.

Thanks for the clarification.

> Regarding point 3 - the added module does not contain libthrift code but
> only the parts that are JDK11 specific for example the new JDK http
> client. I did not mean to compile the same code using two different
> targets but rather split out JDK11 Api dependent code so the libthrift
> continues to run on Java 8

Okay, I understand now. Thanks. Right now, there isn't any JDK11 API
dependent code. If we reach the point where somebody wants to write
some for a feature that is exclusive to JDK 11 and later, then I think
that would be a good reason to consider dropping 8, rather than
maintain two.