Hi,

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
<chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> On Jul 1, 2012, at 5:09 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Sergey Beryozkin (who I'm CC'ing on this email since I'm not sure
> he's subscribed to dev@) helped by providing guidance on the CXF
> side while I was working on this with Max. If you scope out [1], Max
> brought up the large # of dependencies too and Sergey's response
> was that in 2.6 there are only a few required dependencies:

OK, sounds much better already.

> These are CXF dependencies, which I'm sure there are relevant
> entries in Apache CXF for them, no? And, aren't we eating our own
> dog food here for this?

That's right, but we still need to look into the relevant licensing
details of CXF and all it's dependencies to see if there's any
non-ALv2 code that needs to be mentioned also in our LICENSE/NOTICE
files since we're embedding all that code inside the tika-server jar.

> Does HTTP core provide JAX-RS support?

No. I'm just wondering if we even need JAX-RS in the first place as
the exposed services are fairly simple.

BR,

Jukka Zitting