On Sun, 1 Jul 2012, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
I also plan to spin a 1.2 release candidate at some point in the next week or so. I realize the metadata stuff isn't done yet, but it's better to simply release early and often, and then when stuff is ready it can be included. Releasing is a light-weight process in Tika, so it's no biggie.

A release does have one big effect though - it firms up the API and requires us to be backwards compatible with that going forward. It can be a big pain if an in-progress API is suddenly effectively frozen by the need to be compatible into the future...

Nick