Hi, folks.

I'm +1 to both updating to log4j2 or logback and supporting security
updates for some time if we can but encourage migration to 2.2+ ASAP. Maybe
we should publish some EOL date in the 2.2.0 announcement if we didn't
before. It should give both time scope for migration and limit committers'
burden supporting 1.x with transparent EOL date.

Just my 2c

--
Best regards,
Konstantin Gribov.