Sounds good, Nick.  Unless there are objections, I'll add an EOL
September 30, 2022 for the 1.x branch on our github README and maybe
our site somewhere?

>I'm not keen on adding new features to 1.x, as that'll only encourage
people to stick on the old one, but I wouldn't go as far as -1'ing other
people's backports if they're still keen, at least for a while!

Agreed.

Onwards!

Cheers,

      Tim