It didn't take too long, and as long as the original author of the
metrics stuff in tika-server isn't too concerned about breaking
changes, let's hope for the best. Log4j 1.x is so far beyond its EOL,
it is embarrassing.

I think we should keep the 1.x branch open for security upgrades for a
bit...middle of next year?  I have _not_ been adding new features or
even some bug fixes to 1.x, and I encourage people to migrate to 2.x.

What do others think?