My +1 to EOL on September 30, 2022 with effective backport submission
freeze 3 months before that.

I think it would be better if we mention the EOL timeline at least in 3
places: in each release announcement, in README and on the site (on the
main page or in release news articles). Different downstream users look at
different sources, so more visibility seems to be a good idea to me. I saw
a lot of projects still using log4j 1.2.x in the wild and have a feeling
that it's partially due to lack of visibility about its EOL.

Also we can send a message to announce@a.o (if it's not discouraged by ASF
policies, I don't recall if somebody did something similar before),
user@tika.a.o and dev@tika.a.o 6 and 3 months before EOL date.

--
Best regards,
Konstantin Gribov.