Greetings,

On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 15:38 -0400, Yoav Shapira wrote:

> No, it just means the package names are changed, from
> org.apache.commons.dbcp to org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.
>
> They don't extend, they don't wrap, it's the same class just renamed
> to a different package.

Is there a reason for this? One of the few problems we have on Gentoo
with compiling Tomcat from source is the naming-factor-dbcp.jar. I
believe it to be related to this discussion. I believe the above
pertains to that jar and it's contents?

If so is there a reason for the renaming and re-packaging? If it's not
being modified for Tomcat's needs. Could Tomcat just use commons-dbcp?

At this moment it's really difficult for us to build
naming-factory-dbcp.jar since it pulls sources from 3 commons packages.
If there is any way to change that, it would be great.

Thanks

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo/Java