On 15/03/2019 18:05, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> пт, 15 мар. 2019 г. в 20:07, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> I am going to attempt the wiki migration. Given it is last thing on a
>> Friday, it will either work perfectly or be a complete disaster. I have
>> a backup of our Confluence Space in case it is the latter.
>>
>> If it works, I'll update the links on the website after the migration.
>
> I do not like it!

Moin is being shutdown in less than three months. The choice is when we
migrate, not if we migrate.

> 1. All links will be broken, including ones
> a) in e-mail archives
> b) on other sites, like stackoverflow

That is going to be the case whatever we migrate to. It wouldn't be too
hard to put redirects in place. We can talk to infra about that. The old
pages will stay in place too so we have time. We just need to make the
old pages read-only.

> 2. Links used by Confluence are not pretty, with all those '+'s
>
> 3. It does to integrate well with e-mail.

> and if done so it cannot send plaintext e-mails.

That issue is 50% confluence (it marks the changes email as bulk with no
option to change that) and 50% ezmlm (it automatically drops bulk
email). That problem should be solvable. I'll pester infra about that one.

> 4. Proprietary close-source software.

As are GitHub and GitLab...

We have already started moving some pages to Confluence manually.

> Are there other ways?
>
> E.g.
> 1) static web site, managed via git pub-sub

Not an option. You'd need to be a committer to use it.

> 2) GitHub wiki pages?
> 3) GitLab wiki pages?
>
> There also exists the following project,
> http://jspwiki.apache.org/
> if we talk about "our own dog food".

Infra has chosen Confluence. If we want to run jspwiki on our own VM
that is an option but it needs *long term* volunteers to maintain the
VM. Experience elsewhere in the ASF is that that usually doesn't work.

Mark