On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 9:45 AM Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> чт, 14 мар. 2019 г. в 22:26, Igal Sapir <isa...@apache.org>:
> <snip/>
> What is the use case? People verifying a release? CI servers that may
> have different hardware?

The idea was more for testing new releases.  On my laptop setting
test.threads to 8 completes in about 10 minutes, while the default 1 thread
takes more than 1 hour.

I looked deeper into build.xml and I found some interesting information and
a simple solution for my issue.  In build.xml we have the following:

  <property file="${user.home}/build.properties"/>
  <property file="build.properties"/>
  <property file="build.properties.default"/>

So I can place my settings for test.threads in ~/build.properties.

The current order of precedence, however, gives
${user.home}/build.properties a higher priority than the one at
{tomcat}/build.properties.

That is wrong IMHO and should be the other way around, i.e.
{tomcat}/build.properties should override${user.home}/build.properties .  I
would like to change that order if everyone agrees.

I added an ant target, echoproperties [1], which outputs the merged
properties so it's easy to see the final values.

Best,

Igal

[1] https://github.com/apache/tomcat/commit/8a2f41bed80a