Yoav Shapira wrote:
Hi,

On 9/6/07, Mladen Turk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Do we need it? Yes, if we wish to survive as a project.
It's pain in the ass, I know, but IMHO it's also the only
way to get some sense in this chaos.

I disagree.  I think the current CTR policy has worked just fine and
can continue to work jsut fine.

If you read my post I was careful enough to not mention the RTC policy.
All I was saying is that current CTR caused too many problems,
because trunk was our stable branch, and disagreement on API
caused drastic things like putting trunk to sandbox etc. All that
could be prevented if we had trunk with CTR and stable branch with
RTC policy (or something like, that would give more stability to the
stable branch).

It's obvious that Filip and Remy have two different views on the
subject, and all of us are influenced by that.
Jean-Frederic, myself, and some other folks think this has to stop, and the
easiest way is to comply to some rules that are already in place within
different ASF projects.

This won't prevent the security issues, cause those have priority
and don't need to comply to the RTC (or something like) policy.

Regards,
Mladen