Hi,

I like this FileDirContext extension. It is a very nice way to include external content without symlinks!

Regards
Peter

Am 13.09.2007 um 17:25 schrieb Remy Maucherat:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Author: funkman
Date: Thu Sep 13 08:19:59 2007
New Revision: 575332
Log:
Allow for Aliases at the resource level. This is to prevent situations of relying on symlinks, or Filters while still make outside directories appear as part of the webapp. (A common feature request seen on the user list) Example usage:
<Context ... >
  <Resources className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext"
               aliases="/doh/=C:/tmp/woohoo/,
                        /mmmmmm/=C:/opt/data/doughnuts/" />
</Context>
If the feature is NOT used - there is no additional overhead.

The reasonable thing would have been to talk a bit about it. I think using a subclass (assuming you really want to put this in, which I don't really like - small euphemism) would be more reasonable.

Since you did not do any of this, I will have to veto this patch.

Rémy