David Jencks wrote:
I don't really know what you guys are talking about

LOL. Not sure we do as well :)

but it might be you are looking for a cross-platform multiplexing asynchronous message exchange system. If so you might look into activemq's openwire transport. IIUC they have a message grammar that is compiled into code for various platforms including java, .net, c++, etc.

openwire-c is in the sandbox, so dunno how well this
is supported. However it uses apr, so this is huge
advantage, and there is open invitation for making it better.

Perhaps this is a protocol layer we could reuse.

Regards
--
^(TM)