On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists
<devli...@hanik.com>wrote:

> Mladen Turk wrote:
>
>> Costin Manolache wrote:
>>
>>> So in essence you have a new protocol but the sole
>>>>

>>> The API can be something like:
>>> - legacyRequest(RequestMessage) - whatever we have in the current AJP
>>> protocol
>>> - getServerLoad() and whatever new we wanted to add
>>>
>>> Instead of defining AJP extensions, we just pick one of the marshalling
>>> libs
>>> and use them
>>> for encoding the new methods.
>>>

>> Again, you are presuming a new protocol and IMO everyone
>> here are just getting nasty red spots on their faces when
>> you do such a thing ;)
>>
> I was gonna reply earlier, but my red spot reaction got kind of severe :)
> I have a hard time seeing why we would need yet another protocol.
> I think history has shown that to be a tough challenge.

I am saying the exact same thing - we shouldn't add another protocol, it was

a mistake to even have AJP proto in the first place, and we shouldn't
attempt
to extend it.

However we do need some form of communication between tomcat and jk -
what AJP provides won't allow much. And what I was suggesting is to not
do another protocol - but find an existing one and use/adapt it.

Costin