Mark Thomas wrote:
Mladen Turk wrote:
The standard .zip distro should contain only the bare tomcat.
Everything else like docs, deployer etc are already in separate packages.
The point is to have the same functionality as with .exe installer
but from individual peaces, just like you select which sections to
install from the installer.

In which case the service component needs to be separate from the native/APR
connector component.

Well, it would be simpler to have just one platform/cpu dist for
'everything-native' instead three more zips thought.

Just one note to the previous reply...
IMO the .zip distro should be exactly the same as .tar.gz distro
(I'm not even convinced we absolutely need CR-LF line endings).
The reason is that some platforms have limited default tar implementation
like Solaris (especially for long file names and paths).

So, to find a common denominator, how about:
apache-tomcat-0.0.0.zip

apache-tomcat-0.0.0-windows-x86.zip
apache-tomcat-0.0.0-windows-x64.zip
apache-tomcat-0.0.0-windows-i64.zip
The latest three would contain everything from
apache-tomcat-0.0.0.zip + service wrapper + native.

Regards
--
^(TM)