Mark Thomas wrote:
Mladen Turk wrote:

(I'm not even convinced we absolutely need CR-LF line endings).
The reason is that some platforms have limited default tar implementation
like Solaris (especially for long file names and paths).

I see where you are coming from but I think the line ending changes should stay.

I suppose the .sh files have LF line endings even in .zip,
and those are the only one critical.

So, to find a common denominator, how about:
apache-tomcat-0.0.0.zip

apache-tomcat-0.0.0-windows-x86.zip
apache-tomcat-0.0.0-windows-x64.zip
apache-tomcat-0.0.0-windows-i64.zip
The latest three would contain everything from
apache-tomcat-0.0.0.zip + service wrapper + native.

+1. If we get feedback from users that suggests changes we can re-evaluate.

OK, I'll modify the trunk dist.xml and prepare 6.0 and 5.5
patches and propose a backport.

Regards
--
^(TM)