> From: Sylvain Laurent [mailto:sylvain.laur...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Sylvain
> Laurent
> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.4

> When requesting the root of the context, tomcat 7 dispatches to
> MyDummyServlet whereas jetty and glassfish use MyDefaultServlet.
> On this one I'd say tomcat is right...

Also agreed.  Tomcat is correctly following the second set of matching
operations as specified in 10.10:

"If no match is found [static check], the Web server MUST again append each
welcome file in the order specified in the deployment descriptor to the partial
request and check if a servlet is mapped to that request URI."

Jetty and GlassFish seem to be ignoring that part.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.