> From: Mark Thomas [mailto:ma...@apache.org]
> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.4

> There are no matches for the static files so all is
> OK for the first sentence. However there is a match
> (to *.jsp) the second time through so Tomcat passes
> "/catalog/products/default.jsp" to the JSP servlet
> which returns a 404.

This might be the crux of the matter: section 12.2.1 of the spec states that
"*.jsp" is an /implicit/ mapping (unless overridden by the webapp), and the
second matching protocol in 10.10 seems to be referring to /explicit/ mappings
(my interpretation, not definitive in the spec).  Tomcat does not differentiate
between implicit and explicit mappings, whereas the other containers seem to do
so.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.