On 10/20/2010 5:45 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 19/10/2010 08:56, Mark Thomas wrote:
Ping. Just a gentle reminder that there are ~2 days left for this vote.
So far we have 1 vote for beta and no other votes.
Sorry - it should have said ~1 day above. I've been traveling and got my
dates mixed up. I'll leave the vote open for another 24 hours or so.

Currently there are 4 votes for beta (2*PMC, 1*committer, 1*contributor)
so we need at least 1 more PMC vote in order to proceed with this release.
As someone trying to figure out when to take the plunge into Tomcat 7, but needing something that is definitely "stable", is there any sort of list as to what hurdles remain to be cleared before considering Tomcat 7 is considered "stable"?

I'm not trying to rush anyone (most especially a premature labeling of Tomcat 7 as stable), but some insight into the remaining gap between Tomcat 7 and stability would be helpful to me -- and others as well, I suspect.

If there's just a collective gut feeling that more experience with Tomcat 7 is needed prior to feeling comfortable with a "stable" label that's fine, of course, but right now I have no sense as to what makes Tomcat 7 still a "beta" at this point.

--
Jess Holle