On 12/19/2011 09:13 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

I don't know if it is because i used more maven than ant but when i checked
out tomcat the first time i wondered where was modules (corresponding to
jars).

OK, this is the first thing I can agree with you. But It has nothing
to do with toolkit used. Repository reorganization to match the .jars
we produce could be done with or without maven.

Also producing jars is just one part of release process.
I'm afraid that amount of tasks that either cannot be done by
maven, or it would require a huge effort and bunch of custom mojo's
is just not worth the effort.

But like I said (hate to repeat myself). Anyone is welcome
to volunteer and propose a working solution that won't require
more work on release tools when making a release compared to
the existing system.

Regards
--
^TM