On 12/19/2011 07:47 PM, David Jencks wrote:
Are you reading the thread?  I mentioned dec 17 that geronimo has
been maintaining a script for 2+ years that pulls tomcat source out
of tomcat svn and puts it in an appropriately structured maven
mutli-project build and we've been re-releasing quite a few tomcat
versions using this technique.  Not sure how this is "talk".  I've
experienced enough hostility over the years from the tomcat community
(not necessarily any currently active members) that I'm reluctant to
spend more time on this.

So starting with what is in the geronimo repo, how much work would it to have a "mavenized" Tomcat?

As I have said before in previous iterations of this topic, IMO many
of the advantages of maven are not for direct development of the
project itself (although they certainly exist) but in encouraging
interactions with other projects and communities.  You won't be able
to detect these without actually using maven.

We already publish artifacs, do you need more of them?

Cheers

Jean-Frederic