On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 12:46 AM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3 September 2014 16:10, Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 2:54 PM, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
> wrote:

> >> Might be something that can be configured per project, we do get diffs
> >> for commits in Ant-land: for example
> >>

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-notifications/201408.mbox/%3C20bedaba96cd4b7582e31104e4d27d4a%40git.apache.org%3E
> >

> > Diffs in mail notifications come for free in the ASF Git setup.
>
> OK, good.
>
> I was going by the infra puppet diffs on  infrastructure-cvs which
> only have a compare URL.
>
> But it seems these are github commits.

I also noticed those commits.
I'll ask Tony (tonypc) how this works for them.
I know Joe (joes) was strongly against using non-ASF services for Apache
needs. Apparently this changed!
I see Apache Spark also makes a heavy use of GitHub but I don't know the
details again.
Joe (and the whole Infra team) was against using Atlassian Stash (
https://www.atlassian.com/software/stash) on ASF hardware. ASF already uses
several other Atlassian product like JIRA, Confluence, HipChat, FishEye.
Stash is the application behind bitbucket.org. I find it even better than
GitHub user experience.