On 3 September 2014 10:41, Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de> wrote:

> Am 02.09.2014 um 18:41 schrieb Mark Thomas:
>
>> I've been looking at this again (anything to get a break from writing
>> parsers for cookies) and chatting with some of the infra folks that look
>> after the ASF's git repos.
>>
>> There are a couple of things we need to do:
>> a) decide how we want to organise development in git
>> b) decide if we want to move to git
>>
>> Now the decision we make for a) might influence some folks to make a
>> different decision for b). On the other hand, there is no point debating
>> a) if we are never going to move.
>>
>> So, how do folks want to approach this?
>

>> A: Vote to move to git and then figure out how best to use it? or
>> B: Agree our git workflows and then have a vote on moving to git with
>> those workflows?

There's one aspect of Git that does not seem to have been covered here:
the commit messages don't seem to include what was actually changed.

So in order to review a commit, it is necessary to click the link.
In turn, this makes it harder to comment on a change.
This is something that happens quite frequently with the SVN commit messages.

Maybe it's possible to configure the commit messages so that diffs are
shown; if not, then perhaps there needs to be a convention for how to
comment on commits.