It doesn't make sense to jump to a 7.1 immediately without even releasing a
7.0.  Just confusing from a semantic versioning standpoint.

Given the current status of the TCK & ASF, I wonder if waiting for it and
claiming EE 7 compatibility at a later date would make more sense.  So
maybe along what Dave's mentioning and favor a TomEE 2 that's focused on EE
7 capabilities without stating that its EE7 compliant.

John