On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 6:59 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Le 25 avr. 2016 00:36, "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org> a écrit :
> >
> > It doesn't make sense to jump to a 7.1 immediately without even releasing
> > 7.0.  Just confusing from a semantic versioning standpoint.
>
> Do you think releasing a version which changes structurally with the same
> minor is less confusing - was my fear ?

Maybe your fears aren't clear.  Granted I haven't tried tomcat 8.5.  Are
you saying that using Tomcat 8.5 causes TomEE to have a different directory
structure or something?  Or what structurally is the issue here? Its not
clear.

> > Given the current status of the TCK & ASF, I wonder if waiting for it and
> > claiming EE 7 compatibility at a later date would make more sense.  So
> > maybe along what Dave's mentioning and favor a TomEE 2 that's focused on
> EE
> > 7 capabilities without stating that its EE7 compliant.
> >

> As mentionned 2.x would break tools - tomee ones which is ok but several
> externals including maven/ivy (gradle) based ones so I'm against it and
> prefer to confuse vs break.

How does it break maven/ivy/gradle?

> About doing a 7.0 with master:  if everyone wants I m happy to promote M3
> as final - we can disucss later if we backport or not things.

I think the part I don't understand is what benefit is there to release
TomEE ?? based on Tomcat 8.0 when 8.5 is coming out now.  Maybe the bigger
question is does it make sense to release TomEE 7 based on Tomcat 8.5?