I can re-roll it to include this, but as I write this, the maven
release:perform literally just completed. For visibility, going as fast as
I can, its a good 2 hours each time I do this.

The release has been open for comment for a few days, and prior to that I
put up a preview release which didn't get much feedback. Prior to that, I
posted saying we were going to do the release - so there was opportunity to
discuss the content of the release. I'm going to drop and rollback the
release and wait 24-48 hours before starting again to allow the community
to discuss where to go from here.

Can you confirm that 7.1.0 works with Java 11 with this patch? Certainly it
looked like other dependencies needed update and hadn't finished my own
testing. I merged that PR in as it moved us forward.

While I appreciate the importance of the Java 11 support to you - this was
only supposed to be a simple re-roll to correct a legal issue. Now we have
multiple other changes going in. We all want faster, more rapid releases.
If we keep halting releases to slip in more patches, I suspect keeping up
release cadence will be hard, and I'll personally probably end up spending
more time rolling releases than actually fixing issues. My preference would
be to keep going and simply release far more often with much smaller deltas.

Hope that makes sense.

Jon